Metaphysical poet any of the poets in 17th century england who inclined to the personal and intellectual complexity and concentration that is displayed in the poetry of john donne the chief of the metaphysicals. Metaphysical poetry is a little bit different the poems classified in this group do share common characteristics they are all highly intellectualized use rather strange imagery use frequent . In his essay the metaphysical poets t s eliot in particular saw in this group of poets a capacity for devouring all kinds of experience donne 1572 1631 was the most influential metaphysical poet. Metaphysical poetry definition is highly intellectualized poetry marked by bold and ingenious conceits incongruous imagery complexity and subtlety of thought frequent use of paradox and often by deliberate harshness or rigidity of expression
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.