A nice spring day and we walk up cairn table and then to glenbuck and back along the old railway line a great day out with a smashing crowd cairntable to glenbuck muirkirk april 23rd 2019 . Muirkirk became a major industrial centre between the late eighteenth and early twentieth centuries a tar works was followed by an ironworks and to feed these extensive mining of coal and ironstone took place when local mineral reserves were finally worked out the population dropped from its 1901 peak of 5000 to the present level of about 2000. Muirkirk places we have old and vintage photographs of a great many places in scotland are being added regularly auchinleck ayr catrine cumnock dalmellington darvel dundonald dunlop galston glenbuck kilmarnock kilmaurs we have collected a large number of old and vintage photographs and have listed them by category to help
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.